Steps to Change Default Video Player on Android
Most android users usually don’t like the default media player given on their Android gallery. People choose different third-party media players for added functionality. For better video playback and 4K support, we recommend Rocks Media Player because it supports multiple video and audio formats.
When you tap on any video from your Gallery, either your Android device will ask you to play from the default gallery or choose an app to play your video. However, this task is not easy because you have to choose a video player every time to play each video. In this guide, we are going to help you set your favorite video player as default on your device.
By doing this, every time you want to play a video, it will open in your desired video player from your gallery or at any part of the device.
Steps to Change Default Video Player
- First of all, check the list choose your favorite video player from Settings > Apps.
- In this guide, we are going to choose Rocks Video Player to discuss how to set it as the default video player on the device. You need to choose the option “Open by default” to set it as a default video player
- Here, you will get an option to “Open supported links” and then “ask every time option”. This is why your device always asks you to choose a video player when clicking the video.
- This way, tap on the option “Open supported links” and then select “Open in this app”. Once done, you are all set. Whenever you tap on any video, it will automatically start in Rocks Video Player without asking again and again.
Keep reading to know how to configure a media player to play videos. After setting the specific video player as default, it will open by default next time. But if you still want your device to ask every time or choose any other player as a default video player, read on.
Reset App Preferences on Android
You can set all the app’s preferences as it was last time by resetting app preferences. As discussed above, any changes you have made will be reset to default. With that said, here are the steps to follow –
- First of all, go to Settings > Apps
- Select App Preferences under Options.
- Verify permission and tap Reset Apps and it’s done.
Keep in mind that it will affect these options on your device if you follow the above steps –
- Apps you have disabled will be enabled again.
- App notifications you have disabled will show up again.
- App permissions you have restricted will be removed.
- Apps you have set as default will be reset
Instead of resetting any app data, it will keep things as is. We hope you have got the details you needed from this guide. You can now change your default media player and set any other player as default. If you are having any trouble regarding the above steps, feel free to ask us in the comments below.